Monday, March 19, 2012

"A little slice of heaven in Jamaica" May 10 2011

I just returned from a five day stay at Tingalayas and found it to be the most peaceful, relaxing and enjoyable vacation I've had. The positive experiences began months prior to my trip, however, with Lisa, the owner, who is extremely responsive and informative over email (Thanks, Lisa, for answering my many questions!). My transportation was arranged in advance, and the driver was there to meet me at the airport as planned. The drive to Negril is a pleasant and interesting one up along the beautiful coastline. As soon as I arrived, I was immediately welcomed by Jube- what a fantastic host! I can't say enough about Maria, Jube, and everyone at Tingalayas who helped to make my stay one of my most memorable travel experiences. The location is toward the end of West End Road, so it's a little more quiet and out of the way, especially compared to some of the other places on the cliffs, and definitely compared to the places on the beach. Most places on the cliffs won't have a beach, but Tingalayas does. They also have a beautiful ocean-fed pool which was full for my entire stay. I spent every day sitting in a chair down by the water and next to the pool and saw exactly zero other people walk by. This was my favorite part! The view is fantastic and there are a lot of interesting things to take pictures of- without any other tourists in the background! It's a very natural, down-to-earth place where you can really enjoy the nature and the people of Jamaica. The room was beautifully appointed and quite clean, and Maria's breakfasts are really something to look forward to! I can't wait to return and would recommend to any of my friends without hesitation.

No comments: